We want to share the success of the Windmill Windup and every year we work with one of two international charities (Open Arms Malawi and Room to Read) to provide awareness and financial support for organizations working with children in developing countries.
Through Bugaboo International BV's continued support,
we are able to raise additional funds by hosting the pull Competition
and other charity events during the tournament .
Find more info about our charities below.
We work with local communities throughout the developing world to provide quality educational opportunities by establishing libraries, creating local language children's literature, constructing schools, and providing education to girls.
We provide shelter, food, care, love and medical facilities for fifty orphaned or abandoned infants from one day old to five years old. Open Arms returns, wherever possible, immunized, fit toddlers to relations in village or townships and monitors the 'returnees' subsequent progress.
Bugaboo pull Competition
Sponsored by Bugaboo International BV
Show off your mad throwing skills and raise money for an amazing charity at the same time! For every disc that goes across the "money line" during halftime of the open finals, Bugaboo International BV will donate 100 Euros to our 2011 focus charity Road to 40. Windmill Windup will proudly match that donation! To sweeten the deal the winners will be awarded with wicked Windmill gear!
Everyone that would like to participate is encouraged to give their biggest throw on field 2 on Friday from 19:30-21:00. You can sign up for a time-slot beforehand in the main tent, or just show up on Friday evening...
The top 3 throwers in the Men's and Women's categories will compete during halftime of the Open Finals.
- Players must pull from behind the front of the end zone line (i.e. a pull)
- The disc must stay in bounds (but may exit the back of the end zone)
- Distance is determined from the front of the end zone line to the first point of contact
- Your best throw will be your final score
- The top three men and women advancing to the finals will be announced at the Saturday party
- For every disc that goes across the "money line" during the open finals, Bugaboo International BV will donate 100 Euros to Road to 40
- The grand winners will be determined by the longest throw